We asked Slow Living Summit volunteer Ally King to check out Brattleboro’s downtown restaurants and then assign some of them as topical “birds-of-a-feather” meeting places. These are opportunities for informal, ad-hoc, topical “meet-up” spaces in downtown Brattleboro. “I choose places based on opening hours, appearance, price range and proximity to the summit,” King says. “I split up lunchtime and dinner time places because of opening hours, and had to overlap some themes.”
- Amy’s Bakery Café 113 Main Street, Brattleboro 251-1071 (art and media)
- Brattleboro Food Coop 2 Main Street, Brattleboro 257-0236 (health, coops and food/ag)
- Brueggers Bagel Bakery 449 Canal Street, Brattleboro 254-2763 (education and justice)
- Shin La 57 Main Street, Brattleboro 257-5226 (economy, investing and management)
- Thai Bamboo Restaurant 7 High Street, Brattleboro 251-1010 (spirit and gross national happiness)
- The Works 118 Main Street, Brattleboro 802-579-1851 (community and habitat)
- Fireworks 73 Main Street, Brattleboro 802.254.2073 (spir
it and gross national happiness)
- Thai Bamboo Restaurant 7 High Street, Brattleboro 251-1010 (health, coops and food/ag)
- Tap Room / Flat Street Brew Pub 6 Flat Street, Brattleboro 257-1911 (
community and habitat)
- The Marina 28 Spring Tree Road, Brattleboro 257-7563 (economy, investing and management)
- Luna Azul 39 Main Street, Brattleboro 254-3999 (
education and justice)
- Shin La 57 Main Street, Brattleboro 257-5226 (art and media)
- To Canal St: take a right out of the Latchis Theater. The Coop is across the bridge to your right. Canal street is the street to your right after that.
- To Flat St: take a left out of the Latchis and Flat is the first street on the left.
- To High St: High st is also on the left off of Main St from the Latchis, but it is two blocks from Flat St (Elliot St is the left in between
- To the Marina Restaurant: http://www.