Register now at early bird rates!
PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE! We’re moving the Summit from its usual early June weekday slot to Thursday evening April 28 through Saturday afternoon, April 30, 2016.Skip to registration form
WHAT IT’S ABOUT: The sixth annual Summit focuses on entrepreneurship. Join us for in-depth explorations of key topics in food and agriculture entrepreneurship: business planning, funding sources, refining and pitching ideas, ownership structures, social impact, collaboration, food & ag business case studies. Speakers and session details will be posted on this site as they become available.
WHAT’S INCLUDED: All rates include:
- Admission to plenary and breakout sessions
- Conference guidebook
- Receptions on Thursday and Friday evenings
- Admission to any other special events or after-hours activities
- Continental breakfasts and break refreshments on Thursday and Friday.
LUNCH ARRANGEMENTS: In the spirit of Slow Living, we want to contribute to the local economy by having the lunch venues be Brattleboro’s wide array of downtown eateries.
Therefore, rates do not include lunches on Friday and Saturday, and the Summit will have no lunch buffet as in the past. Instead, we are making arrangements with various downtown restaurants to provide special Summit group seating, and we’ll make suggestions about the lunch table discussions topics that might be featured and/or moderated at those locations. In general, Brattleboro lunch fare is reasonably priced with healthy lunches available from about $7.50 and up.
We recommend especially the following restaurants who are co-sponsors of the Summit:
- Amy’s Bakery Arts Café — 113 Main St., Brattleboro — (802) 251-1071
- Brattleboro Food Co-op — 2 Main St., Brattleboro — (802) 257-0236
- Duo Restaurant (dinner only)— 136 Main St., Brattleboro — (802) 254-4141
- Fireworks (dinner only) — 73 Main St., Brattleboro — (802) 254-2073
- Hazel — 75 Elliot St., Brattleboro — 802-579-1092
- Mocha Joe’s — 82 Main St, Brattleboro — (802) 257-7794
- Putney Road Market — 15 Putney Rd., Brattleboro — (802) 254-8501
- Restless Rooster Café — 134 Elliot St, Brattleboro, (802) 258-2565
- Thai Bamboo — 7 High St., Brattleboro — (802) 251-1010
- Three Stones (dinner only) — 105 Canal St., Brattleboro — (802) 246-1035
- TJ Buckley’s (dinner only) — 132 Elliot St., Brattleboro — (802) 257-4922
- Whetstone Station, 36 Bridge St, Brattleboro — (802) 490-2354
- The Works Bakery Café — 118 Main St., Brattleboro — (802) 579-1851
- Anon’s Thai Cuisine — 17 Fairground Rd., Brattleboro — (802) 257-1376
- Blueberry Haus — 809 Guilford Center Rd., Guilford, VT — (802) 257-0068
- Bruegger’s — 449 Canal St., Brattleboro — (802) 254-2763
- Dunkin Donuts — 328 Marlboro Rd., Brattleboro — (802) 251-6080; 469 Canal St., Brattleboro, (802) 254-8809; 1071 Putney Rd., Brattleboro — (802) 254-4987
- The Marina — 28 Spring Tree Rd. (off Route 5/Putney Rd), Brattleboro — (802) 257-7563
- New England House — 254 Marlboro Rd, Brattleboro — (802) 254-6886
- Top of the Hill Grill — 632 Putney Rd., Brattleboro — (802) 258-9178
- Vermont Country Deli — 436 Western Ave., Brattleboro — (802) 257-9254
EARLY BIRD RATES are in effect, now through April 20, 2016 :
- General registration $189
- Spouse/SO rate $149 — available with a general registration as a second registration for spouse or significant other
- One-day rate $120 — available for Friday April 29 or Saturday April 30. One-day registrants may add Thursday evening reception and plenary for an additional $25.
- Student rate $95 — available to students enrolled in a college-level degree program, or high school students
- Limited means rate: Stipended sliding scale from $35 to $149, subject to availability — available to people of limited means unable to afford any of the above rates. Registrants will be asked for a brief statement outlining need. Acceptance is by committee approval and subject to stipend availability. Issuance to approved applicants is on first-come basis. Criteria for approval: The Limited Means rate is intended to benefit persons of limited means who (a) have family income less than 140 percent of poverty level; OR (b) are engaged in small or startup farm or food-related enterprises with limited cash flow; OR (c) derive the majority of their income from work as artists, craftspeople or educators; OR (d)senior citizens. Regardless of status each applicant is expected to select the highest affordable stipended rate option. Denied applicants may receive a refund or upgrade to rates that were in effect at time of stipend reservation registration. Stipend rate applications may not be available after April 15. All information supplied remains confidential. The information provided in stipend applications helps us to understand better how we can serve the community, county and state through our programs. To register at stipended rates, choose the Limited Means option when registering, and the available pricing options will appear.
ADVANCE RATES (April 21 through April 27):
- General registration $225
- Spouse/SO rate $179 — available with a general registration as a second registration for spouse or significant other
- One-day rate $130 — available for Friday April 29 or Saturday April 30. One-day registrants may add Thursday evening reception and plenary for an additional $25.
- Student rate $105 — available to persons enrolled as full-time students in a college-level degree program, or high school students
- Limited means rate: Stipended sliding scale from $49 to $169, subject to availability — see details listed above under Early Bird Rates.
ONSITE RATES, April 28-April 30: (see descriptions above)
- General registration $249
- Spouse/SO rate $199
- One-day rate $140.
- Student rate $125;
- Limited means rate $45 to $169, subject to availability.
RIDE AND ACCOMMODATION SHARING: If you can offer space to share with a Summiteer, are looking for space to share, have a ride you can share or are looking to share a ride, please visit our Bulletin Board Wiki where you can post all such requests, along with suggestions for lunch or evening plans or other requests.
HOTELS, MOTELS: The following sponsors of the Summit offer special rates during the Summit for Summiteers; just mention “Slow Living Summit”:
- Colonial Motel, Brattleboro — April 28-29-30. One king bed for $60.00+tax; or two queen beds $70.00+tax. Please call at 802-257-7733 for the reservation and inquiry, mention “Slow Living” — (802) 257-7733
- Comfort Inn, Brattleboro — $95 per night (802) 579-1344
- Hampton Inn, Brattleboro — $99 per night — (802) 254-5700
- Latchis Hotel, Brattleboro — Corporate rate: Interior Queen: $90.00 plus tax, and up (802) 254-6300
- Super 8, Brattleboro — $54 per night — (802) 254-8889
- Dalem’s Chalet — no special rate — (802) 254-4323
Additional accommodations, including campgrounds, may be located via the Brattleboro Chamber of Commerce lodgings listings.
PARKING: Click here for a Brattleboro parking map. (The Latchis is the building to the right of the Preston Lot on that map.) We recommend parking at the Transportation Center Garage, which has entrances from Flat Street and Elliot Street, is one block from the Latchis Theatre, and offers the lowest all-day rate. Parking is $2.75 for the day, but the machine that issues dashboard passes only takes quarters. So be prepared each morning with $2.75 worth of quarters, OR, — via our registration form, you can purchase an all-day permit for $5.50 for Friday and/or Saturday, garage parking only. (Yes, this costs more than the quarters, but it might be more convenient for you and it allows you to come and go as you please.) All-day parking at $2.75 is also available at the High Grove and Harris parking lots.
Please do not park at Marlboro College Grad Center, where space is limited. We recommend car pooling from your hotel to downtown — you can make arrangements via our ride/accommodations sharing wiki page.
REFUNDS: We’re sorry, but in the event of cancellations after March 15, we are not able to issue refunds. We will instead apply your registration fees as a contribution to help pay for stipended attendees of limited means.
If you are NOT seeing a registration form below, it’s possible you’re using Internet Explorer 8 or older, with which the form is not compatible. Please try Chrome, Firefox, a newer IE, or email the webmaster at email@example.com.